- Intermediate knowledge of the Ruby programming language (classes, objects, data structures, etc)
- Modern version of Ruby (>2.4)
- Text editor (VSCode is recommended)
Welcome to Testing Ruby with RSpec: The Complete Guide!
This course offers a comprehensive overview of the RSpec testing library for the Ruby programming library. RSpec is the most popular Ruby Gem of all time, with over 300 million downloads to date.
If you’re new to the topic, testing is the practice of “writing code that confirms that other code works as expected”. Tests control for regressions, which are changes to the code that break the program.
The benefits of testing extend outside of the codebase. Adopting a test-driven approach will also make you a better developer. Tests force you to think critically about the program and its features: the classes, the objects, the methods and more.
Testing Ruby with RSpec begins with the essentials and proceeds to more complex topics including:
- Project Initialization
- Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- let variables
- before and after Hooks
- Shared Examples
- Shared Context
- Built-in Matchers
- Mocks and Doubles
- Instance Doubles
- Class Doubles
As a software engineer and consultant who’s worked with Ruby for several years, I’m excited to introduce you to the awesome RSpec library, its elegant syntax, and all of its fun quirks.
Thanks for checking out the course!
Who this course is for:
- Intermediate Ruby developers interested in upgrading their skill set
- Programmers who want to explore the fundamentals of testing and TDD
Created by Boris Paskhaver
Last updated 1/2020
Size: 3.15 GB